Which are best books to crack civil services Exams ?
Nowadays, Many books are available in online and offline Markets. Many Books are available in Physical format or Softcopy pdf format. So Many Aspirants Doubts, Which books are Good or Bad to Crack Civil Service exam.
Nowadays, Civil Service Aspirants hunting in books or materials.
The IAS,IPS, IFS Exam or The Civil Services Exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
UPSC – Union Public Service Commission.
List out Civil Service Preliminary and Mains Exams
1. Indian Polity: (Prelims and Mains)
Indian Polity – M. Laxmikanth
- One Stop Solution for All state and Central Government Exams.
- It is One Stop Solution for Civil Service Main Examination Also.
2. Indian Art and Culture : (Prelims and Mains)
Indian Art and Culture – Nitin Singhania
- This Books Covers the Syllabus of Indian Heritage and Culture. The author has provided a Wide ranged knowledge base on Indian art, paintings, music and architecture with the help of Many pictures and diagrams.
3. Indian Economy : (Prelims and Mains)
Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh is a comprehensive text book with detailed coverage of all topics in the UPSC Preliminary and Mains Exam syllabus.
Macro Economics – Class 12th NCERT
Economic Survey – Ministry of Finance:
- Economic Survey by Ministry of Finance is the most Authenticated Sources and updated source of data on India’s economy. Economic Survey identifies wide ranging challenges and summarizes policy and performance of Last 1 year Economic updates are released the government.
- Economic Survey books, Budget Related Economic Information Get Authenticated and Updated Government Website.
Official Government Website:
4. Geography : (Prelims and Mains Exam)
NCERT VI – X (Old Syllabus)
NCERT XI, XII (New Syllabus)
Geography – Certificate Physical and Human Geography by Goh Cheng Leong
- This Book Covers in Easyway to explain in all of the content in photographs, illustrations, and maps offering a detailed explanation. Be it climate change, types of natural vegetation, mountain chains, deserts, climatic patterns, glaciers, minerals or other natural phenomena,,,etc.
World Geography by Majid Husain : (Mains Exam)
Geography – Oxford School Atlas by Oxford Publishers:
- The Oxford school Atlas includes 200 Plus Maps with 94 Plus thematic maps of India supported by charts and diagrams.
- The Atlas Book contains detailed Physical and Political Maps related to India, New and informative preliminary exam Related pages, and Extensive coverage of core thematic issues such as climate, natural vegetation, wildlife, Agriculture, minerals, industry, demography, human development, environmental concerns and natural hazards,,,etc.
5.CSAT – Civil Services Aptitude Test
- Tata McGraw Hill CSAT Manual
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – R S. Aggarwal
6.International Relations : (Mains GS Paper 2)
- NCERT XII (Contemporary World Politics)
- International Relations: Pushpesh Pant
7.Solved Papers or Question Bank :
UPSC Planner and Strategy by Mrunal
- This Books Contains 26 years + Previous Year Prelims and Mains Exam Questions Covered.
- CSAT also Topicswise Previous Year Questions Covered.
8. Internal Security : (GS Mains Paper 3)
Challenges to Internal Security of India by Ashok Kumar
9. Ethics: (GS Mains Paper 4)
Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude for Civil Services Mains Examination – Subba Rao and P.N. Roy Chaudary.
10.History : (Prelims and Mains)
- Ancient India – R.S Sharma
- History of Medieval India – Satish Chandra
- A brief history of modern India – Spectrum Publications
NCERT: 6th to 12th Std
- Any one standard books or NCERT follow.
- Standard books and NCERT also equal Weightage. So Don’t Study materials hunting.
11.Environmental and Ecology: (Prelims and Mains)
Environment – Shankar Book
12. Current affairs: ( Prelims and Mains)
Hindu newspaper, Magazines or Other Digital media platforms or Anyone Academy follows.
13.World History: (Mains Exam)
World History – Arjun Dev (Old NCERT)
14. Science and Technology: (Prelims and Mains)
- Monthly Current Affairs – Vision IAS (Prelims Point of View)
- Science and Technology – Vision IAS PT Magazine (Mains Point of View)
15. Essay Writing: (Mains Exam)
- The Hindu Editorials
- Yojana and Kurukshetra
16.Disaster Management: (Mains Exam)
Disaster Management – Tata McGraw Hill